Bev, creator of Bacon and Heels, and I talk about setting financial goals. We break it down from determining what your values are, to setting SMART goals, to breaking a daunting task into bite-sized pieces, to celebrating your wins.
- Financial goals can be different things to different people. Examples include savings targets, spending targets, and investing targets
- Make sure you’re accountable to yourself by having a spending plan or budget
- When you achieve and get closer to your financial goals, you will feel great and encourage you to set more goals and achieve them
- Set a goal at any day – it doesn’t need to be a new year’s resolution
- Bev likes to see her financial goal daily. She has a post-it note on her mirror that has her goal written out on it. Make it your phone or desktop background. Put it in a physical place where you can see it
- Set SMART goals – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely
- Talk about it with your close friends or loved ones, and you can hold each other accountable to your financial goals
- Celebrate your wins! Each time you hit a milestone in your goal, make sure you acknowledge yourself and your discipline!
Sign up and get $10 to trade on Wealthsimple Trade
Sign up for no-fee banking with Tangerine or EQ using my referral code!
Tangerine – new accounts get 2.5% interest (first 5 months), use my Orange key: 40411403S1
EQ Bank – all accounts get 1.25% interest, TFSAs get 2.3% interest!
Thanks so much for tuning in!