Mindful spending when it comes to retail shopping (Part 2)! Wendy is back and we chat about ways to save money while still enjoying the shopping experience, alternatives to retail therapy, thrifting, how to find your personal style, capsule wardrobes, reselling your clothes on different platforms, and more.
- Finding your personal style is all about understanding your lifestyle – what your day-to-day life is, where you spend the majority of your time, and what foundational pieces you need to build your wardrobe. High-quality basics could make you happier when you wear them.
- Thrifting is a good way to shop sustainably. The Market is a store in Toronto you can buy clothes “by the pound”. Plato’s Closet is also a great option for a more curated thrift store experience.
- You can also buy and sell used clothing on websites like Poshmark, Kijiji, Depop. Be patient with selling your clothes, if it’s a classic piece that will come back season after season, don’t rush the process.
- If you have a formal event like a wedding to attend, borrow something from a friend!
- Track your mood and look at the days you are happiest. They probably won’t be correlated with the days you spend the most money. Consumption of goods isn’t necessarily a source of happiness.
- Cleanse your Instagram and emails to unsubscribe from retailers emails
Sign up and get $10 to trade on Wealthsimple Trade
Sign up for no-fee banking with Tangerine or EQ using my referral code!
Tangerine – new accounts get 2.5% interest (first 5 months), use my Orange key: 40411403S1
EQ Bank – all accounts get 1.5% interest, TFSAs get 2.3% interest!
Thanks so much for tuning in!